Like Button

Monday, March 17, 2014

Artists in Time Out

Making Memories and Art
 
Our visit to our son's family in Utah was wonderful but I ended up in time out.
 
We took a time out to  create some art
and 
memories.
 
Did you think I was in some sort of trouble?
 
We had some pretty cool paper I got at Preston Art Center,
in Louisville, KY.
It's lined like first grade paper on the bottom and it's plain on the top, so you can paint a picture and then tell a story about it.
I've never used water color before, (because I'm afraid of it),
so we did a fair amount of playing.
 
Karen, my granddaughter drew a lot of her favorite things and painted them.
Then she drew a picture of her mom behind the house.
She wrote on her paper "There's a mom behind the house".
She was much more profound than she knew.
 
I also bought one of those water color brushes that has the water in it.
That was lots of fun.
 
More on those later.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very Cool! Looks like you and Karen had a great time! Nice photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a great time Fay. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My Photo
Ghent, Kentucky, United States
I'm a nature artist and I love to paint old barns, rivers and lakes, trees and fence rows. I work almost daily trying to improve my art and all that entails. I try to learn all I can from others and from the earth itself by being aware of all God has created and its beauty. You can purchase paintings by contacting me at slgraves6@gmail.com. You can also purchase through my gallery website at www.riverrungallery.com . Thank you so much for stopping by.