Teaching is What I Do!
Anyone who knows me,
knows I love to teach.
I've taught countless church classes,
I was a retail manager and loved to train people,
I have taught hundreds of people how to paint
in River Run Gallery,
and I've created an online beginning painting course,
(see link at the end).
So, it is safe to say I really do love to teach.
Recently, I published six videos on my
Painting With Acrylics 101 facebook page,
for this painting.
Here's a close up of the nest.
I thought it would be a good idea to put the six videos all in one place,
so here they are.
- Video one - about the blue sky background, Click HERE to view this short video.
- Video two - My brain said I was painting a pine tree branch, but my hand went a different way, as you can see. Click HERE to view video #2.
- Video three - Beginning to add the nest in here. Click HERE to watch video #3.
- Video four - It's starting to get fun as I show you how to highlight the tree limbs and the nest. Click HERE to view video #4.
- Video five - Adding fine touches to this painting. Click HERE to view video #5.
- Video six - We're adding the leaves to this tree, in three different values. Click HERE to view video #6.
This was a fun, beginning painting that I hope you'll take a chance on and prove to yourself you can do this.
Give it a try, watch the videos, purchase your supplies if you don't already have them and
trust that you will be able to do it.
Painting has opened up a whole new world to me,
not only talent wise, but also in seeing things around me that I might not have noticed in the past.
Where are the lights and shadows in the scene I'm looking at.
Paint You'll Need
- Titanium White
- Ultramarine Blue
- Hookers Green
- Burnt Umber
- Burnt Sienna
- Cad Orange Light
- Cad Yellow Light
- Dioxazine Purple, (but you need such a small amount you could do without it.)
Brushes I used
- #12 Bristle for background
- #6, 4, 2, Bristle brushes (you could get by with the 6 & 2)
- #4 & #2 flat synthetic
- #0 Script liner
Canvas is an 11" x 14" stretched canvas.
This course was created for beginning painter and homeschool families who would like to incorporate art in their curriculum, but aren't really artists.
This course will show you what paints and brushes to purchase, how to figure out perspective, how to practice, brush strokes, composition, and then take all that knowledge and show you step by step how to create two paintings.
There are 11 modules with over 50 videos in it to make sure you are successful in your art journey.
I also through in a few bonuses just for good measure.
This course is packed with information you could garner from many other sources all neatly packaged in one place.
Sounds like a great gift to me.