Like Button

Monday, January 6, 2014

Day Six - Taking A Nap

Day Six - Taking a Nap

Aren't these the cutest little old shoes?



You know what I think about when I see these shoes sitting there?

There's a little person somewhere hopefully down for the night or taking a nap.

I had four kids in seven years
and believe me when I say,
I love them dearly,
but,
I also loved nap time or bed time.

Kids are work!!
Lots of work,
and while they need a nap so does Mom and Dad.

I don't even know if kids even wear these shoes anymore,
but my kids did and 
let me also say,
these shoes can take some abuse.

I found these in an antique shop still in the box they came in,
and I don't think any of my kids shoes looked this good when they grew out of them,
which sometimes only took six weeks or so.  

I remember polishing these bad boys so they didn't look so rough 
for church on Sunday morning,
but every week they'd need it again the next Saturday.

Anyway I love them.

I hope their new owner loves them also.


How I got from A to B to finished painting.

8 comments:

  1. aw! Those are some sweet shoes! Love your painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. I'm sure I'll be painting them again sometime. They bring back so many wonderful memories.

      Delete
  2. I think you knocked this one out of the park, my friend. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith. You are always so supportive. I was happy with it, but I want to try again too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sharon - what a coincidence I also painted baby shoes today. I bought mine at Walmart - I have no grandchildren but I couldn't resist them for $2.00. My kids baby shoes never looked like that either after the first day. When I read your blog I thought of what my husband used to say - The days are long but the years are short. Love the painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You're husband is so right. My kids are grown and I have a granddaughter going off to college in the fall. My little shoes also cost $2.00. They are so sweet. You can almost see the little feet in them.

      Delete
  4. Ha, I almost picked up some old baby shoes exactly like those (to paint.) Maybe I should go back and get 'em! Really sweet post, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Diane. Means a lot coming from you. I don't paint many still life's, but they had me at hello and I knew I'd be painting them. Go get those shoes.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ghent, Kentucky, United States
I'm a nature artist and I love to paint old barns, rivers and lakes, trees and fence rows. I work almost daily trying to improve my art and all that entails. I try to learn all I can from others and from the earth itself by being aware of all God has created and its beauty. You can purchase paintings by contacting me at slgraves6@gmail.com. You can also purchase through my gallery website at www.riverrungallery.com . Thank you so much for stopping by.