Like Button

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 15 Young and Lovely

Day 15 Young and Lovely

I've made it to day 15!

Can I hear some applause?!?

This time the challenge has been more fun for me.

My theme will seem sort of odd to some,
but I am going to a conference in late January for 4-H
and most of my paintings in this challenge have 4-H projects in mind.

My husband and I are both going and we will be learning how to teach projects
and how to work with the 4-H program.
 I have also been asked to set up a booth of my art 
and other attendees will have some time to shop among all the vendors.

Young and Lovely
was painted from a photograph I took at the 2013 Kentucky State Fair
and she was just that,
very young and very lovely.

She was much more cooperative than many of the old and wiser cows I photographed that day.

She stood there and let me photograph her as long as I wanted.

I don't know if she won anything that day,
but she won my heart
and that was enough.

Young and Lovely
5" x 7" unframed acrylic on a panel

$50 + $6 shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ghent, Kentucky, United States
I'm a nature artist and I love to paint old barns, rivers and lakes, trees and fence rows. I work almost daily trying to improve my art and all that entails. I try to learn all I can from others and from the earth itself by being aware of all God has created and its beauty. You can purchase paintings by contacting me at slgraves6@gmail.com. You can also purchase through my gallery website at www.riverrungallery.com . Thank you so much for stopping by.