Like Button

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Moonlight Sonata


Moonlight Sonata
I don't know what happened to this photo, but it didn't post with the first post.

So here it is.
I hadn't painted in a while, (life happened) 
so I was in my studio watching a painting video trying to get my mojo back,
when I got this idea.
I love nighttime landscapes, but I haven't painted very many.
This was a lot of fun, because I love the moon.
Trying to get that haze was interesting.
Gotta get most of the paint off your brush and keep building it up a little at a time.
Can't rush it.
Circle movements and just a little at a time.
Don't over work it.

      
Pin It


 

3 comments:

  1. Definite feel of moonglow....I hope you fixed your Pin-it thingy, cause I'm going to try to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, don't think it worked....bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I forgot about it. What does it do when you try to use it. I'm sorry there is a problem.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ghent, Kentucky, United States
I'm a nature artist and I love to paint old barns, rivers and lakes, trees and fence rows. I work almost daily trying to improve my art and all that entails. I try to learn all I can from others and from the earth itself by being aware of all God has created and its beauty. You can purchase paintings by contacting me at slgraves6@gmail.com. You can also purchase through my gallery website at www.riverrungallery.com . Thank you so much for stopping by.